How Healthy are You? Take our Quiz to Find Out
You may be surprised to discover that how you rate your health is more reliable than any other diagnostic tool!1
Self rated health (SRH) is the single best predictor of how well someone will do and how long they will live over the next 20–30 years. SRH is an independent predictor of mortality, above and beyond physician assessments of health.2 3 4
SRH correlates with dozens of blood chemistry markers. The self-assessment of health transcends purely biological processes to involve subjective, personal, factors that turn out to be the most important ones.
The factors influencing an individual’s health interact in complex ways and any analysis of just one part of the person does not capture the complexity of interactions that are happening in the whole body-mind organism, whereas a whole person questionnaire reveals the end result of the intricate body-mind interactions that are so crucial to life.3
Even among terminal metastatic cancer patients with similarly poor prognoses, people who subjectively rate their health as excellent (motivated by a new outlook on life, connectedness with family, etc.) outlive their counterparts with a similar diagnosis and prognosis by more than an order of magnitude.
A well made self rated health questionnaire, like the one we have created at MICH, is a better predictor than any other objective medical assessment. MICH developed its system of evaluation of response to treatment based on research done at the McGill Pain clinic and other centers that use self evaluation as a key indicator of health and well being.
For over 12 years, MICH therapists have been using the questionnaire and verifying the results with clinical tests and the state of health over the long term. It has proven to be an excellent method to evaluate how effectively the present method of intervention is addressing the whole being.
It helps the client and the homeopath evaluate if the remedy is a good match. We share the SRH document with our clients at the end of a session, and at the beginning of follow ups, often providing them with a copy to fill out on their own and bring to a followup after having taken a remedy or received some other intervention.
It also helps people realize that health is dynamic, and provides a way of assessing early signs that could lead to greater susceptibility and disease of all forms. It helps people make connections, and begin to see themselves and their symptoms holistically.
The MICH questionnaire is a reliable, research-based measurement of vital energy, using the 5 criteria that have been proven to be solid indicators of health, well being, and healing capacity. After you answer the questionnaire and submit it, you will receive an evaluation with suggestions for how to improve your health.
Take the Quiz
- Picard M, Juster R, Sabiston C. Is the whole greater than the sum of the parts? Self-rated health and transdisciplinarity. The International Journal of Whole Person Care. Vol 1, No 1 (2014) Link to Research Gate
- Idler EL, Benyamini Y. Self-rated health and mortality: a review of twenty-seven community studies. J Health Soc Behav. 1997;38(1):21-37. Link to ncbi article
- Picard M, Sabiston CM, McNamara Judyann K. The need for a trans-disciplinary, global health framework. J Altern Complement Med. 2011;17(2):179-84. doi:10.1089/acm.2010.0149. Link to ncbi article
- Wuorela M., Lavonius S., Salminen M. et al. Self-rated health and objective health status as predictors of all-cause mortality among older people: a prospective study with a 5-, 10-, and 27-year follow-up. BMC Geriatr 20, 120 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-020-01516-9
- Self Rated Health and Mortality. A Review of Twenty-Seven community studies. Author(s):Ellen L.Idler and Yael Benyamini source: Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Vol.38, No1(Mar.,1997), pp.21-37.Published by: American Sociological Association Stable www.jstor.org/stable/2955359
A meaningful career involves helping others
Come to MICH to apprentice the Healing Arts with the science that supports them. Study at your own pace, with the help of experienced mentor/teachers who accompany you for every step of your development. .
Apply now and get a free career counselling session to see which option is best for you. Or set up an exploration call , or call us at 514-486-2716 or email us at [email protected]
About Judyann McNamara, DHOM, N.D., DHP
Originally a physicist and biomedical researcher (biophysics), Judyann has had a clinical practice for over 25 years, has held conferences since 1984 and has been a teacher of courses in physics, science, health, holism and spirituality since 1975. She is a Homeopath with classical unicist training, a Naturopath, and the founder of MICH.
Do you want to embark on a journey of the soul that will help yourself and others? Learn more about how to study with us.